No reproduction by any method whatsoever of any part of this publication is permitted without the prior consent of the copyright owners.
Circulation — 1000. Size 210×297
Masterpieces of bridge construction
- A.P. Kuznetsova, head of section of IndorSoft LLC (Tomsk, Russia)
People could connect the spaces above the ground and water with wood and stone
materials, floating, beamed, suspension and arched structure from ancient times.
The history of bridge construction is reckoned in thousands of years. Every year,
it continues to evolve and amaze us with complexity of the structures, used materials,
and new records of length and height. We bring to your notice an overview of unique
bridges, which allows revealing a rich history of bridge construction.
author = "Kuznetsova, A.P.",
title = "Masterpieces of bridge construction",
journal = "CAD & GIS for roads",
year = "2016",
number = "1(6)",
pages = "74--83",
language = russian
BIM, building information modeling, information modeling, road information modeling,
CAD, computer-aided design, computer-aided road design, road design, highway engineering,
GIS, geographic information system, GIS for road and highway management,
roads, highways, road infrastructure, bridges
- GKINP (GNTA)-01-006-03. Osnovnyye polozheniya o gosudarstvennoy geodezicheskoy seti Rossiyskoy Federatsii [The regulations of the state geodetic network of the Russian Federation]. Approved July 17, 2003, No.101-pr. Moscow, TSNIIGAIK, 2004. (in Russian)
- Dai Wusan. Ancient Roads and Bridges. A History of Chinese Science and Technology. Vol. 3. Springer, 2014. 624 p.
- Shklovskiy V.B. Marko Polo [Marco Polo]. Moscow, 1973. (in Russian)
- Mamed-zade K.M. Stroitelnoye iskusstvo Azerbaydzhana [Construction Art of Azerbaijan]. Moscow, 1958. (in Russian)
- Gaskin V.V., Ivanov I.A. Derevyannyye mosty [Wooden bridges]. Tutorial. Irkutsk: IrGUPS. 2005. 172 p. URL: http://sdo.irgups.ru/modules/works/derev_mosti.pdf (accessed: 19.05.2016) (in Russian)
- Shchusev P.V. Mosty i ikh arkhitektura [Bridges and architecture]. Moscow, 1952. (in Russian)
- Ivanova-Veen L.I. Russkiye derevyannyye mosty [Russian wooden bridges] // Pamyatniki nauki i tekhniki — Monuments of Science and Technology. 1982-1983. Мoscow, 1984, pp. 53-73. URL: http://www.russiancity.ru/hbooks/h026.htm (accessed: 19.05.2016) (in Russian)
- Mosty iz breven v SShA, Kanade i drugikh mestakh [Bridges of logs in the US, Canada and other places]. URL: http://www.liveinternet.ru/community/3299606/post299665759/ (accessed: 19.05.2016) (in Russian)
- Avtomobilnyye dorogi. Derevyannyye mosty. Tematicheskaya podborka [Car roads. Wooden bridges. Subject selection]. 2001. URL: http://www.infosait.ru/norma_doc/52/52382/ (accessed: 19.05.2016) (in Russian)